How about another Cannonball deleted scene to start your week? Bass Adkins unleashes a full-on verbal assault and brings back a word that has been missing from our vocabulary for FAR too long. Here are a few notes about this scene:
- There was a belching sheep on the set. This thing had problems. I might try to find and upload some of the outtakes he caused because they were plentiful and epic.
- We shot at dusk, so the colors are all over the place and I haven’t corrected them for this deleted scene.
- The first time we shot at this location, the farm was being leased by our friend JR Zinner. When we went back for reshoots, we didn’t know JR wasn’t leasing it anymore. So, when the current farmer showed up, we had some awkward moments; especially since we had Bass’ shotgun with us.
- Multiple shoots led to a number of continuity problems. You'll notice Todd's jacket disappears in a reaction shot. All of those were eliminated in the final edit.
- Like many others, this scene was a casualty of the exhaustive and manic effort to trim about 30 minutes off the movie and get it under 100 minutes. Every second counted, so this bit had to go since it wasn’t necessary for the story. Just consider how different our lives could have been today had this made the final cut, as Bass Adkins certainly would have vaulted “pussyfoot” into our everyday vocabulary.